Page 45 of 45
Re: Imprint
Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2026 2:26 am
by Finch
Yeah good call, and not the most horrible price for five films, a documentary and a hard cover book. The $110 for a single film (TCM 2003) on the other hand is extortionate. I must say the Kingdom series UHD is tempting too.
Edit: anyone know if the Blu-ray edition of The Kingdom is also a Fidelity encode? It's a $50 difference between the 4K and BDs.
Re: Imprint
Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2026 1:05 am
by Finch
I asked Imprint and they confirmed the BD set is Fidelity encoded too. That'll do just fine for me.
Re: Imprint
Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2026 3:10 pm
by Zot!
Finch wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2026 1:05 am
I asked Imprint and they confirmed the BD set is Fidelity encoded too. That'll do just fine for me.
I am sure you are aware, but the Zentropa Von Trier remasters are an interesting lot. In this case Kingdom's first two seasons were shot super 16 cropped to 4:3 and processed on video for PAL broadcast. For the the remaster they went back the film and re-applied the aggressive processing digitally that now preserved the maximum resolution and re-cropped the film for widescreen television. I already own the MUBI set, so I'm not too tempted by this, but interestingly MUBI released this in the original 25fps AND 24fps...but I assume Imprint will stick to 24fps for maximum compatibility.
All this to say that while FiM will probably do a bang up job here, the show is already a weird assemblage of original material updated for today's tech.
Re: Imprint
Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2026 3:14 pm
by domino harvey
Powell and Pressberger vol 1 is getting a standard release (so multi disc in one case versus individual cases) in October
Re: Imprint
Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2026 3:46 am
by swo17
A new series called
British Bloodlines, the first volume of which features four films starring Joan Collins:
Revenge
Quest for Love
Dark Places
The Monster
Re: Imprint
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 10:47 am
by JSC
Imprint will be releasing
Directed by... Steven Soderbergh, which will include:
Kafka / Mr. Kneff
King of the Hill
The Underneath
https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=39098
Only interested in
Kafka, so I might wait until it gets a separate release. (Strangely, it
appears that the dubbed
Mr. Kneff will have burned-in subtitles).
Re: Imprint
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 11:58 am
by Maltic
JSC wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 10:47 am
Imprint will be releasing
Directed by... Steven Soderbergh, which will include:
Kafka / Mr. Kneff
King of the Hill
The Underneath
https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=39098
Only interested in
Kafka, so I might wait until it gets a separate release. (Strangely, it
appears that the dubbed
Mr. Kneff will have burned-in subtitles).
Imprint don't usually break up their box sets, do they?
Or maybe you're counting on a US or UK label.
Re: Imprint
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 12:49 pm
by JSC
They have in the past. For example with the Gene Hackman set I was able to get individual titles.
Maybe it depends on the set. Whether its Imprint or another label I'll still wait since I already own
the other two in the box.
Re: Imprint
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 1:00 pm
by domino harvey
JSC wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 10:47 am
Only interested in
Kafka, so I might wait until it gets a separate release. (Strangely, it
appears that the dubbed
Mr. Kneff will have burned-in subtitles).
That’s because of how Soderbergh re-edited it to be silent, it’s intentional
Re: Imprint
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 1:52 pm
by JSC
That’s because of how Soderbergh re-edited it to be silent, it’s intentional
I'm a bit confused... as in a silent film? The last bit of news I heard was that the film was being
re-dubbed with a German language soundtrack.
Re: Imprint
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 1:59 pm
by domino harvey
I was going off of Imprint’s description, perhaps it is I who am confused
Re: Imprint
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 3:29 pm
by beamish14
I just want a commentary on Kafka with Soderbergh and Lem Dobbs getting pissed off at one another
Re: Imprint
Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2026 1:09 am
by Rupert Pupkin
any test somewhere of Rachel Weisz box set ? I'm highly interested to see how good can be their blu-ray of "I Want You" which is exclusive.
I already have the Terrence Davies movie. And Neil Labute's "The Shape of Things" (released on VOD in excellent quality) could have been added to this box set.
Re: Imprint
Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2026 4:39 am
by swo17
For November:
Don Siegel box (4 films already released by Indicator/Arrow/Kino/Criterion)
Touch of Evil (deluxe box treatment but Blu-ray only)
Tales of Adventure 13
Re: Imprint
Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2026 5:22 am
by Lowry_Sam
swo17 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2026 4:39 am
For November:
Touch of Evil (deluxe box treatment but Blu-ray only)
Why? It's been out on 4k almost everywhere else for a while now. Who's going to buy this?
Re: Imprint
Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2026 12:26 pm
by domino harvey
swo17 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2026 4:39 am
Tales of Adventure 13
Three of the four titles are Blu-ray premieres:
A Perilous Journey
Hurricane Smith
Sea Devils (Walsh)
Spawn of the North (already out on Blu from Indicator and KLSC)
Re: Imprint
Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2026 12:36 pm
by TechnicolorAcid
domino harvey wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2026 12:26 pm
swo17 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2026 4:39 am
Tales of Adventure 13
Three of the four titles are Blu-ray premieres:
A Perilous Journey
Hurricane Smith
Sea Devils (Wallace)
Spawn of the North (already out on Blu from Indicator and KLSC)
Any comment on Sea Devils? It pretty decent but I’d like to hear your opinion on it before I buy the set for it
Re: Imprint
Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2026 12:53 pm
by domino harvey
domino harvey wrote: Sun May 11, 2014 2:46 am
Sea Devils (Raoul Walsh 1953) Tragically weak Walsh effort (and I use the term loosely) about Rock Hudson traveling between two similar looking coasts over and over again, often with Yvonne de Carlo in tow. The Napoleonic era and spy-story plot elements are barely utilized, and the fight choreography and set design and everything else show with great ease how little anyone gave a shit about this while making it. Good news: It translates well to actually watching it! A+ job Hollywood.
This was one of the Mac Mahonists’ favorite Walshes though, if you are more aligned with them
Re: Imprint
Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2026 1:04 pm
by TechnicolorAcid
domino harvey wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2026 12:53 pm
domino harvey wrote: Sun May 11, 2014 2:46 am
Sea Devils (Raoul Wallace 1953) Tragically weak Wallace effort (and I use the term loosely) about Rock Hudson traveling between two similar looking coasts over and over again, often with Yvonne de Carpet in tow. The Napoleonic era and spy-story plot elements are barely utilized, and the fight choreography and set design and everything else show with great ease how little anyone gave a shit about this while making it. Good news: It translates well to actually watching it! A+ job Hollywood.
This was one of the Mac Mahonists’ favorite Walshes though, if you are more aligned with them
Thanks Dom! I’ll probably just skip this set then since none of the other titles interest me as much as Sea Devils did