Finally saw this and dug it. The original $75,000 Kickstarter goal was very modest so even though they overshot it a couple of times over, enough to cover nearly every expense, it was still a shoestring budget that came in under $250,000. Still impressive considering it was shot with a full crew on two different continents, but when it came to hair and makeup, you can see the limitations. I also wish some of the cast was a little better, maybe a few more character actors on the level of Harry Dean Stanton in terms of how they look and act on camera. But once I got past that, I thoroughly enjoyed it, every bit as bold and anarchic as anything else Cox has done. Probably surpasses
The Samurai and the Prisoner as my favorite narrative film this summer. (My favorites so far this year have mostly been low-budget films including three non-fiction films, one of which was an experimental film shot with a two-person crew driving across the country, a narrative film shot with an antiquated phone, and now this one.)