The 2007 Mini-List

An ongoing project to survey the best films of individual decades, genres, and filmmakers
Message
Author
User avatar
domino harvey
Dot Com Dom
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:42 pm

Re: The 2007 Mini-List

#51 Post by domino harvey »

I “like” the stabbing scene (though Fun already did it) but other than that the cult built around Zodiac as an all time great has always mystified me
User avatar
Lowry_Sam
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: The 2007 Mini-List

#52 Post by Lowry_Sam »

2007 is the first year I don't have any I consider 10/10 & had to do a lot of viewing to try to come up with enough 8s (or close enough) to make a full list. It's also the first time I eventually ended up using 7/10s to fill out a complete 25. My own favorites really fell out from what I remember the critical consensus favorites to be in 2007, though surprisingly most of my list made it to top 50. Top 3 of the list turned out exactly as I expected, though they all get 7/10 from me (I actually revisited them to see what I was missing only to leave my original assessment completely unchanged). Least surprising top 50 for me so far if only because I found it to be such a lackluster year, though I was expecting 3:10 & Before the Devil to make it (by others' raves, not mine).

1 La Graine et le Mulet[The Secret of the Grain]
2 4 luni, 3 săptămâni și 2 zile[4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days]
3 La Môme[La Vie en rose]
4 The Trap: What Happened to Our Dream of Freedom?
5 Le Scaphandre et le Papillon[The Diving Bell and the Butterfly]
6 Изгнание[Izgnanie][The Banishment]
7 State Legislature
8 White Light/Black Rain: The Destruction of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
9 California Dreamin' (nesfârșit)[Endless]
10 I'm Not There
11 Persepolis
12 Disturbia
13 Atonement
14 Michael Clayton
15 Cassandra's Dream
16 Boy A
17 Auf der anderen Seite[The Edge of Heaven]
18 Taxi to the Dark Side
19 Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
20 It's a Free World...
21 Les Témoins[The Witnesses]
22 Joy Division
23 Control
24 Zodiac
25 No Country for Old Men
User avatar
denti alligator
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:36 am
Location: "born in heaven, raised in hell"

Re: The 2007 Mini-List

#53 Post by denti alligator »

Mine was a list 13. I don’t think the list needs to be 25. Am I wrong?
User avatar
swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:25 pm
Location: SLC, UT

Re: The 2007 Mini-List

#54 Post by swo17 »

It can be anywhere from 10-25
User avatar
swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:25 pm
Location: SLC, UT

Re: The 2007 Mini-List

#55 Post by swo17 »

denti alligator wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 9:30 pm Also, why am I the only one who voted for Retribution? Did people think it belonged to 2006?
I watched it and liked it but didn't quite have room for it
User avatar
denti alligator
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:36 am
Location: "born in heaven, raised in hell"

Re: The 2007 Mini-List

#56 Post by denti alligator »

Sorry for being cranky. Thanks for the great work again, swo. Onward to the final two years of the decade!
Post Reply